We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our . Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: , , ,
What success looks like in this role:
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities
Fills a lead architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
• Identifies opportunities for new or follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
• Leads advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery.
• Leads Unisys Area of Strength portfolio strategy presentations to clients including features, implementation approach, technical requirements, impacts, and benefits.
• Assumes a leadership position on and uses understanding of Unisys Portfolio Resources for new business opportunities. Performs responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management, solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
• Provides technical oversight for technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
• Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to lead the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
• Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
• Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment. Directs the activities of junior architects assigned to business development solution design.
• May refine and optimizeinfrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
• Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
• Is responsible for the solution integrity for the engagement.
• Coordinates architect resources on all sized projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
• Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities
Fills a lead architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
• Provides project oversight and acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to all levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
• Acts as the single point of contact for large client portfolio solution implementations including regional oversight of engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
• Promotes the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
• May develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
• Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
• Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation ofthe full solution. May include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
• Maintains and reports on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
• Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information
• May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors
May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
You will be successful in this role if you have:
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant IT implementation experience. Master’s Degree, Ph.D or equivalent experience
• Significant exposure to clients across a variety of technologies, industries and domains
• Has a broad understanding of all Unisys portfolio solutions within the assigned Area of Strength and is able to present solution and portfolio strategy to clients at all levels.
• Has subject-matter expert level understanding of at least two Unisys portfolio solutions within the DCTO, AMOS, EUOSS or Security Areas of Strength including supporting products, methods, processes and solution integration to client environment.
• Fully understands and consistently uses the portfolio solution materials located in the Portfolio Center including guides, blueprints, work breakdown structures, sales and delivery methods, estimation tools, and proposal template material.
• Has a broad understanding in at least two of the following specific technology areas: Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Networks, Security, Desktop Technology, Virtualization (Server, Desktop, and Application), Infrastructure and Device Monitoring, Mobility Solutions and Application Platforms / Application Integration.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
• Advanced proficiency in the Unisys Services and Solutions Delivery Framework (SDF) and highly knowledgeable in process frameworks such as CMMI.
• In-depth experience with Infrastructure and technology-related areas of the Unisys Solution Portfolio
• Highly knowledgeable on applicable industry standards and frameworks such as ITIL, CoBIT, ISO, TOGAF and FEAF
• Understands datacenter operations and infrastructure implementation methodologies
• Implementation and presales experience in two or more related project roles such as system analyst, implementer, integrator, test analyst, system administrator, tool specialist, team leader and/or architect
• Knowledgeable on project management concepts including project scheduling, risk management, estimation (infrastructure estimation / IT Service Management estimation), Work Breakdown Structures, requirements management / traceability, Change Management, etc.
• Completion of the Architect L&D Guide Infrastructure Architect “Advanced” level learning path