Do you have solid communication skills with a customer centric approach? Are you looking to join a company with a clear vision and strong values? Look no further, as an excellent opportunity for a Bid Manager has arisen!
The post holder will required to manage, co-ordinate and write larger maintenance tenders. The Bid Manager will form part of a team reporting to the Group Commercial Director.
You should have the following experience and knowledge:
- Proven track record in managing bids
- Proven experience in writing high quality method statements
- Experience of liaising with teams (particularly operators) in order to develop deliverable solutions
- Competency in MS Office software
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to articulate Mears USPs to clients
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude to work task and workload to ensure tender deadlines are achieved
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative Project management
Overall bid project management responsibilities include:
- Early understanding of the full tender and submission requirements.
- Close identification and liaison with senior operators and central team leads to gain buy-in from the outset.
- Managing an initial bid kick-off meeting and/or storyboard session with the project team.
- Setting out input requirements and agreeing challenging but realistic deadlines (in line with project timescales).
- Maintaining a detailed 'project planner' (or similar) setting out the key deadlines for input, first/second drafts, reviews and feedback.
- Ensuring all relevant parties are engaged with and kept up to date throughout the process.
- Managing the timely contribution of those providing operational solutions, departmental information and general input.
- Overall responsibility for high quality and compliant bid submission within relevant timescales.
If this job is of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you!