Our client has a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Engineering Manager - Product Validation opening.
To manage a team of engineers and work with cross-functional integrated program teams to deliver projects and/or project launches.
- Manage daily activities and efficient use of resources to deliver project or program deliverables.
- Near and long-term capacity planning of all workload within the department.
- Support the development of annual department goals and generate implementation plans to deliver against agreed targets.
- Ensures all procedures are documented, adhered to and audited regularly to ensure compliance with accredited' bodies.
- Establish physical design metrics to rack engineering quality, department targets and drive productivity improvements.
- Organizational capability development for people, processes and tools.
- Capture of best practices and deployment into departmental standard practices.
- Manage engineering team using the Company's performance management processes and tools.
- Communicate regularly with the team to keep them up-to-date on project status and objectives and departmental and site issues.
- Coaching and mentoring engineering team to drive performance.
- Identify training needs and implement training plan to ensure your team can support the needs of the business and comply with company procedures and processes.
- Idenitfy and implement continuous improvement initiatives in the engineering team.
- Support customer meetings and provide technical input as required.
- Execute and deliver engineering data that meets customer requirements and expectations - cost, weight, schedule and quality.
- Generate team performance KPIs and report regularly to engineering management.
- Build effective working relationships with all other functions at the site and support daily operations.
- Ensure team adhere to Company's health and safety policies and procedures.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Educated to a degree level, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable technical and operational experience in Aerospace, Automotive or Rail industry.
- Proven leadership abilities with strong technical, team and risk management skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate an engineering department.
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships with customers and internal departments.
- Proven experience of change management in an engineering organization.
Preferred qualifications for this position:
- Previous experience of using Catia v5 and TeamCenter systems.
- Previous experience of managing remote teams.
- A good understanding of:
* Aircraft interior architecture.
* Awareness of the certification framework within which the work is undertaken.
* Configuration and change management.
- Chartership through an accredited engineering body.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.