Facility Night Monitor
Place of Performance: Joint Base Andrews – Naval Air Field Washington (JBA-NAFW)
Facility Night Monitor is responsible for the protection and security of all supplies and equipment items within the Education and Training Section complex when on duty.
• Unlock and secure all scheduled classrooms on the days of regular instruction at least 15 minutes prior to and 15 minutes after all classes have been completed. On the first day of each term, a new course schedule will be made available stating which classrooms shall be used and class times. The number and location of classrooms may change without notice.
• Move light furniture and equipment within or between the different buildings that are used on base.
• Carry a cell phone and be on call during evening and weekend classes. Instructors may be given the cell number and you shall respond to any call immediately.
• Follow Force Protection procedures when in effect to include posting the appropriate Force Protection sign and checking identification. You shall allow only authorized personnel in the building: students, institutional faculty and staff, and Education and Training Section personnel.
• Ensure instructors use assigned classroom unless authorized a classroom change by the Education and Training Section.
• Make periodic checks of hallways and entrances to ensure only authorized personnel are in the building.
• Conduct a final security check to ensure all classrooms and lavatories are vacant, classrooms locked, and all windows and exterior doors are locked.
• Maintain a log book to record discrepancies in classroom conditions, special requests, and unusual occurrences. Meeting Room Manager will be used to schedule and reserve all classrooms.
• Check the condition of each room to include seating arrangements, lights, window, writing boards, cleanliness and report violations of policy to the Education and Training Section personnel.
• Note the presence of high-cost or pilferable items and the general cleanliness of each room.
• Erase dry erase boards daily and clean with cleaner once a week. Remind instructors to erase marker boards prior to leaving classroom.
• Clean all marker boards by Thursday of even numbered weeks of each term with government provided solution and erasers.
• Ensure all classroom desks are lined neatly in rows, daily after class. Advise instructors of Education and Training Section policy to leave the classroom in its proper original configuration. Keep record of instructor notifications and notify Education and Training Section upon third violation.
• Remove all miscellaneous items and debris from classroom floors, furniture, and exterior of building and deposit in the nearest trash receptacle. Any article of value found in the classrooms shall be turned in to the Education and Training Section customer service desk.
• Empty trash cans in all borrowed classrooms in other facilities each evening that class meets.
• Notify building manager of any necessary maintenance, repairs and classroom lighting that needs to be replaced/completed.
• Become familiar with operation and use of interactive white boards in order to assist instructors as necessary. Ensure all pens and remote controls are maintained in each classroom. Ensure instructors are aware that these boards cannot be written on with marker pens and that instructions are provided in each classroom.
• Audio-visual equipment items checked out shall be returned the same evening. If not returned, you shall retrieve and secure the items.
• Keep equipment items and all storage areas neat, orderly, and clean. The Government will furnish cleaning equipment and supplies.
• Examples of supplies available for check are: markers for marker boards, television with VCR, LCD projector with computer on AV cart, overhead projector.
• You shall be available in the classroom facility to sign out audiovisual equipment and teaching aids to instructors per established procedures. Ensure equipment is returned at appropriate time and equipment room is secured at all times.
• All Education and Training Section classrooms and all borrowed classrooms in other facilities fall within the performance of this contract.
• Label and report all facility and equipment items needing repair.