In this role you will be an integral member of the senior business leadership team, contributing to the development of the business strategy from a commercial and people management perspective.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the supported business area/s to develop, drive and implement the HR Strategy/People Plan to include; talent, succession planning, workforce planning and change management, in order to support the delivery of business objectives and drive a high-performance culture.
- Act as an integral member of the business leadership team, building strong relationships with senior business leaders and other relevant stakeholders. Coach, advise and challenging thinking in addition to co-development, design and execution of integrated medium to long term people initiatives to meet current and future business needs.
- Act as a change agent; lead, support and contribute to change programmes, driving and championing the implementation of HR solutions within the supported business area, gaining acceptance from key stakeholders.
- Proactively manage functional trade union relationships, working with the Employee Relations team, appropriate HR Business Partners and managers across the business.
- Reinforce and support the ownership of people management by the business, and so drive the HR Business Partner model.
- Influence the centres of expertise development of strategy and policy through sharing business requirements and inputting into the development of execution planning.
- Lead a team of HR professionals to deliver effective HR Business Partnering to the supported business area/s, drawing on external best practice, trends and drive continuous improvement.
- Work in collaboration with; Centres of Expertise, HR Shared Services, HR Direct and HR Business Partner teams to proactively identify and influence changes that improve HR service.
- Lead key functional HR Projects across the business function (i.e. HR Maintenance) or across the broader HR Function.
Your experience should include:
- Demonstrates strong business/commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
- Excellent relationship building skills demonstrated through proven experience of working in partnership with directors and senior business leaders, in order to improve people management practices and develop strategic HR plans.
- Standard Trade Unions experience.
- People management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice HR solutions to drive a high-performance culture.
- Ability to establish professional credibility quickly.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior business leaders, along with ability to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of working in partnership with senior business leaders to identify, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent technical HR Knowledge - MCIPD qualified or relevant experience to demonstrate level of competence.
- Proven track record of operating in a large complex working environment.
- Excellent leadership and management experience with a focus on delivering business focused HR support both personally and through a team.
- Experience of managing large scale, complex change programmes e.g. Organisation Re-design, TUPE, redundancy programmes, etc
- Graduate calibre.
- Experience of working within a highly unionised environment (Maintenance & Operations Functions).