Duties: - The IT Procurement Manager will plan, drive and deliver a complex and high-value IT project. They will collaborate with Departments and third-party organisations applying a best practice commercial approach to external and inhouse spend in order to deliver value for money outcomes and transform the way services are delivered.
- Drive procurement activity for a clearly defined complex high value IT project of strategic importance. Develop and implement commercial plans for each market facing element or sub-category.
- Translate plans into implementable procurement and commercial initiatives and opportunities.
- Work with Departments and Partner organisations to embed best practice Contract Management and Supplier Relationship Management frameworks, supported by the Commercial Lead and where required, provide input and support to develop commercial relationships and support performance and innovation activities.
- Maintain deep market knowledge and insight for IT.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting from the project team to stakeholders on progress, and to manage any risks and issues arising as appropriate.
- Understand and apply corporate and department policies, procedures and practice to ensure that corporate social responsibility (equalities, sustainability, transparency, ethical, health and safety and social value) is at the core of all procurement and commercial activity.
- Ensure compliance withProcurement Regulations, Contract Standing Orders and statutory requirements and advise staff on their interpretation.
Key decision making areas:
- Develop and implement a timely project specific procurement strategy plan which directly impact service.
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing processes from strategy development to award recommendation which directly influences the contractual supplier relationships entered into by the Council.
- Resolve procurement and commercial issues through the provision of sound professional judgement and strong Procurement and Commercial knowledge, escalating to Category and Commercial Leads as appropriate.
- Responsible for effectively prioritising their own workload to achieve role and project objectives and for supporting workload prioritisation relating to indirect management of flexible resources.
- Degree level educated and / or relevant professional qualification and / or experience in a similar role.
- In depth IT strategic and operational procurement experience with a solid working knowledge of IT.
- Strong knowledge and experience of applying Procurement Regulations and awareness of the Public Sector IT procurement landscape.
- Capable of managing cross functional project teams to generate material value across multiple categories.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.