Under the general direction of Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Human Services plans, organizes, implements and evaluates quality in home care for clients of all ages with health care needs in community settings. Care is family centered and emphasizes the independence of the client and ensuring service assessments and plans that support the client.
Supervises and monitors Care Givers providing care in Home Care Settings to clients for Heavens Home Health Care Corporation receiving Homemaking and PCA Services in Minnesota.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides assessments to clients in their homes by assessing physical, emotional and
Non-medical needs of the clients; develops and implements a service plan which emphasizes self-care and incorporates collaboration with the client, the client’s physician and other health care professionals and community resource workers.
• Acts as an advocate for the client and provides support and supervision for the caregiver, personal care or nursing assistants by providing information to the client while respecting the client’s wishes.
• Arranges and participants in joint home visits to clients and/or families with other health professionals; provides advice about available community resources and equipment needs.
• Collaborates with clients in formulating short and long-term goals; coordinates a multi-disciplinary service plan; evaluates the care plan to ensure continuity of care; discharges the individual/s when appropriate.
• Provides health education to caregivers, and other staff to increase knowledge of MDH and MDHS and to promote and enhance health status; facilitates Edu Care to Care Givers and Care Managers.
• Assists with orientation of new staff, students, and other health care professionals.
• Maintains related records; documentation and statistics; prepares reports as required, and in accordance with established standards and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Mental Health Professional (MHP): Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Psychological Practitioner, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Clinical Nurse Specialist Mental Health, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Psychiatrist providing clinical services in the treatment of mental illness.
• Qualified Professional (QP): Registered nurse or mental health professional responsible to supervise the delivery of PCA services when a person or the person’s responsible party chooses another to supervise the PCA. See Mental Health Professional.
• Two years recent related nursing experience or community health program.
• Possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license and dependable vehicle.
• Knowledge of Holistically Care preferred but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
? Ability to plan, organize, communicate, analyze and make decisions as required.
? Ability to be empathetic, establish and maintain good interpersonal relationship, and to relate well with people from a wide variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and environments.
? Ability to be flexible and adapt nursing care to the home environment.
? Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
? Ability to instruct clients, families, caretakers and staff.