Real Estate: identifying new premises, locations and buildings, leasing real estate, buying and selling property, construction and maintenance.
Accountable for preparation and Drafting of Lease Proposals for Landlords acceptance for Branches and Non- Customer Facing Entities. These include New, Renewals, Revamps, Relocations, Reductions in space and exits. These proposals are generally complex in nature as the terms and conditions vary from site to site.
Draft banks Lease Agreement -Branches & Non- Customer Facing entities (NCF)
• Prepare lease documentation set out according to terms and conditions in the Heads of Agreement/Offer Letter.
• Arrange for signature of lease agreements by bank in accordance with signing limits of authority
• Dispatch of Leases to Landlords for signing
• Receive signed copy of lease from Landlord within agreed timeframes
• Store and file leases according to Regulatory requirements
• Ensure regular and timeous follow up of non-receipt of lease contracts from Landlord to minimise risk exposure
• Resolve queries from Landlords relating to contracts and accuracy of SAP Flexi Data
Vet and sign Lease contracts for ATM’s
• Vet leases to ensure accuracy of clauses and terms and conditions
• Signing of leases on behalf of the Bank in line with Delegation of Authority Limits (DOA) and within agreed period from receipt of LAM. (Quicker turn-around time to minimise risk exposure.)
• Articulate clearly any special contractual obligations in the drafting of the leases for both parties using the banks Standard Lease agreement
• Use appropriate grammar, syntax, sentence and document structure aligned to the legalities of contracts.
• Apply relevant legislation to legal policies and procedures pertaining to Lease Contract documentation
Provide efficient customer Service
• Resolve queries effectively and formulate appropriate responses, to Landlords and internal Stakeholders
• Inform the negotiation team of leasing issues that are likely to impact the Portfolio’s business performance
• Meet Service Level Agreements for standard turnaround times
Direct, guide and train the team to meet portfolio deliverables
• Ensures that direct reports have a Job Description, key result areas and Performance Contract.
• Monitors key deliverables within the team
• Conducts team meetings regularly to foster and enhance team interaction.
• Conducts one-on-one sessions at least once a month as a forum to engage direct reports on performance matters as well as individual aspirations.
• Coaches in accordance with the direct report’s specific needs analysis.
• identifies talent and proactively engages to grow the individual in line with the succession plan for the Portfolio and Department & broader roles.
• Encourage team to adhere to the Group Policy as may apply from time to time.
• Transfer of knowledge of commercial property transactions and related legislation and the like to the Team through coaching and training interventions.
Apply effective records and Archive Management
• Adhere to regulatory requirements regarding storage, retrieval and destruction of documents
• Store Signed copy of Lease from Landlord on IPaper (Leasing Digital System)
• Adhere to standard naming conventions are accurate later retrievals.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• National Diploma - Legal
• 3-4 Years Experience in Drafting lease proposals & executing all administrative activities relating to contract management in a property leasing portfolio as described above. Workable knowledge of industry / legal requirements relating to leasing property management.
• Quality Orientation
• Legal Drafting
• Records and Archive Management
• Written Communication
• E-Mail Monitoring