LABORATORY TECHNICIANS RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Cleaning and sterilizing laboratory equipment, surfaces and glass ware.
2. Performing daily maintenance, calibration and quality control of equipment.
3. Receiving and correctly processing samples.
4. Analysing samples of blood and body fluids for diagnosis and correctly preserving test samples and disposing of laboratory waste.
5. Releasing patient results in a timely manner to physicians or directly to the patients.
6. Preparing samples for microscopic examination and for automated analysis.
7. Performing numerous complicated tests simultaneously and accurately interpreting the results.
8. Preparing culture media, reagents and stains.
9. Maintaining a safe and secure environment for patients, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures and by complying with legal regulations.