Excellent opportunity for an Quantity Surveyor to join a prestigious company.
Our client is looking to employ a QS from a contracting or residential background.
Reporting into the Senior QS you will be joining the project at procurement stages.
Duties will include:
- Preparing trade scope and works
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Collation and issue of subcontract tenders
- Prepare subcontractors appointment and proposal documents
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings.
- Preparing subcontract documentation for signing by both parties in accordance with the Call Off Contract procedure.
- Certifying subcontractor payments
- Assessing variations with subcontractor
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Preparing final account with subcontractors
- Assisting with Surveyors monthly cost reports
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required
- Assisting in production of contractual letters to subcontractors when requested
- Assisting Project team with financial implications of site progress decisions
- Scheduling of directly procured materials to assist buying department
- Measurement of elements incorporated into designs to establish value and extent of works
- Assist Commercial department with compliance to business core objectives
Personal skills required:
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.