When you are a Safety & Hazardous Material Coordinator at Caterpillar, you will administer and control the Perkins Engines Environment and Health & Safety management systems and documentation to ensure conformance to Perkins Environment and Health & Safety policies, National accreditation standards, and to ensure full compliance with all EHS legislation; co-ordinate the activities of local departmental environmental teams in support of Perkins Engines improvement goals.
* Coordinate and maintain the Perkins Engines Environmental Management System documentation to ensure that the procedures necessary to achieve the standards of performance required by Legislation and Accreditation bodies are maintained.
* Develop and maintain Perkins Environment and Health & Safety databases, ensuring the timely publication and display of information. Administer and control the issue of up-to-date Environmental and Health & Safety documentation. Plan, coordinate and participate in a program of scheduled internal audits of the Perkins Environmental and Health & Safety management systems. Ensure that Perkins Engines "Duty of Care" legal responsibilities are fulfilled by monitoring and auditing relevant waste handling licenses, contractor processes, documentation and invoices, and conducting audits of their facilities where appropriate.
* Work closely with National Accreditation bodies to plan and execute their certification audit programs and ensure that any deficiencies highlighted are satisfactorily addressed by the default areas. Maintain contact with National Accreditation bodies and assist operational functions to develop/modify their Environmental Control procedures to meet revisions to national / certification requirements. Work closely with local environmental improvement teams by facilitating their activities, providing advice and guidance on environmental standard requirements, sharing their experiences with other teams and communicating their successes. Provide new employee induction training on the Perkins Environmental Policy and its implementation through the Environmental Management System.
* Manage the completion of own work assignments and coordinate work with others.
* Quickly and correctly identify problems. Resolve issues; follow departmental guidelines or apply a solution that worked in the past.
* Know in advance the details of what needs to be done to serve customers and the standard procedures in place to accomplish it.
* Can change different parts of the standard approach to serve customers best, but cannot add or delete procedures without approval.
* Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time).
* Familiar with engineering, manufacturing and maintenance standards and practices, and familiar with various Caterpillar systems.
* Ability to utilize a variety of computer software packages.
* 1 to 2 years of job-related experience.
* Ability to be in frequent contact with people outside of work group to give or obtain information and able to express themselves clearly.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Feb 11, 2020, 6:59:00 AM